Does your back often get tired?
Do you carry a laptop or heavy bag?
Do you have one shoulder higher than the other?
Yoga can be a wonderful healing practice for a variety of back ailments (especially scoliosis).
These can be greatly improved by doing poses that lengthen the spine, such as this nurturing Standing Forward Fold.
Have a go;
1. Stand with your feet at hip distance with the outside edges of your feet straight facing forward (parallel to each other).
2. Place your hands on your hips and bend your knees.
3. Fold forward slowly until your head points toward the floor. Keep the knees soft enough that your stomach rests on your thighs (even if your hamstrings are very loose).
4. Now release your arms over your head. Bend your elbows and hold on to your opposite elbow, letting the weight of your arms deepen the release on your spine.
5. Stay for at least five to ten breaths, then release your elbows and roll up slowly, stacking your joints.
ahhh doesn't that feel better....